Monday, September 7, 2009

Alison's Lessons - Week 11

Eleven weeks already, she is growing and staying awake much longer now… sorta nice but I cant get as much done… I want to look at her and play with her while she is awake.

Alison is in size two diapers. She only poops every other day now. I was worried when this started but now it has become the new normal.

Ali loves to watch cartoons with her brother and sister. I put her on the floor propped up on the pillow and Gracee gets on one side and Jared is on the other.

Ali has her own way of talking to mommy. I know all of her cries very well… the I am hungry cry has to get really loud before she will actually take the bottle.

Alison loves to take a bath, she just lays there like a good girl and lets me get her all soapy… then the warm water makes her wiggle when I clean her hair.

Ali made a trip to Grandma Kim’s this week ~ she was wide awake the entire time. Still very stubborn and wouldn’t take the bottle but was full of grins. Grandma Kim kept saying “wow she looks like her daddy!”

Alison went to the Cansler “farm” for the first time this weekend for a Labor Day hay ride and bbq.

Alison blows bubbles… it is so cute.

Ali and Gracee stayed the night at Memaw Donna’s house again this Saturday night. I had a photo shoot and Jessy had a pre-test in Pittsburg ~ then Faith in Action for church on Sunday. The girls had a great time and Stricklyn got to stay too!

To be a mommy is one of the greatest things I have ever done. I am proud to say I do not take my job lightly. Sometimes I feel like I am so strict ~ and expect more then most moms do from their kids at ages 2 and 5. We only have one chance to teach these little people what life is really about… we have a lot fun while we are learning. Alison has a lot to look forward to. Thanks for reading.

No comments: