Monday, July 6, 2009

Alison's Lessons - Week 2

Adding a newborn to the mix of crazy summer life at our place has been a challenge for everyone, I have to tell myself to stop and just take a second to enjoy the craziness. It has already gone by too fast. Two weeks and we are working on getting back on track. Ali sleeps a lot and I have had to get used to nursing again… you forget how much it hurts after two years!

A nurse in the hospital told me not to cut Alison’s fingernails until after she was a month old. So I have had to fine them twice, they grow fast and I don’t want her scratch her face up.

I have to pump every four hours whether Alison is ready to eat or not… sometimes she is ready to nurse and other times I just have to relieve that pressure.Every baby is different. We have been blessed with sleepy baby number two! We are working on getting back on schedule… wake up at 7, lunch at 12 then nap soon after, dinner 5ish, bath and ready for bed by 8:30. It’s hard but we all need to know what is coming next. Alison got a ton of diapers at both of her baby showers… I think she got the perfect amount of newborns, size ones and size twos. We have tried LUVS, Parents Choice, and Pampers… Huggies are my favorite with her too.

I can always tell when one of the kids have been around Alison… she has had everything from chocolate to play-doh on her face from all the kisses they give her.

Alison is still a great sleeper, she averages 15-45 minutes of awake time each day… sometimes it is during the day other times it is in the middle of the night.

Another successful week of teaching and learning from everyone. We are so excited to see what life has in store for the up coming weeks full of lessons and summer fun… thanks for reading.

No comments: