Monday, July 13, 2009

Alison's Lessons - Week 3

Sometimes I wish I could stop time… I cant believe that we are already done with week three. Lessons are being taught and learned every day. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of kids. God is watching us and making sure we don’t forget life can be hard and overwhelming at times but such a treat at others. Here are the three week lessons:

Alison is full of gas… she farts a lot she sort of sounds like a whoopy cushion! She is a good burp-er too, I usually let her eat about two oz (if I am feeding her from the bottle) and then sit her up and burp her after whispering in her ear “burp for mommy” next thing you know she lets out a BIG BURP! Ali is a grunter too. Oh and I love the neck kisses when we are trying to get a burp out.

Still a great sleeper… the big kids can be dancing, yelling, fighting or whatever and Alison doesn’t seem to care, she sleeps through it all – thank goodness. Even the kisses… when the kids are playing in the same room as Ali and then they remember she is there sleeping they run over and give her tons of kisses… then continue what they were doing.

Nursing is hurting less and less – plus I am getting on a regular schedule nurse and then pump what is left. My right side is a milk making machine on average I pump 5 oz (after nursing) just on that side. At night I only nurse then go back to bed… that way when Alison sleeps longer then five hours my boobs will allow me to sleep too!

Jared and Gracee are both very good helpers – Jared still loves to baby sit and Gracee likes to get diapers when it is time to change Alison. Gracee has been peeing in her pants again… we were so close to having her potty trained, but “they” say that happens when you bring a baby home.

I am a picture taken fool… I know how much a baby changes in the first year… heck the first few months. I love every second of being a mommy even the frustrating times. I heard a country song the other day about phases of being a parent – couldn’t keep it together, I started crying like a baby.

Alison’s belly button cord fell off 7-8-09 right after her bath. Jared was so excited he couldn’t wait to rub her belly.

Until next week… another week of new lessons and growing up. Thanks for reading and learning (remembering) with us.

No comments: