Monday, August 3, 2009

Alison's Lessons - Week 6

Has it really been six weeks?Our sweet little Ali Bugs is growing up too quick Jared thinks she can talk, she doesn't really cry very often so a few time in the past week she will yell out and it sounds like she is saying HI or HEY! He thinks it is too cool! Another week of fun ahead - thanks for reading out lessons.

Alison wears size 0-3 mo. I had to put all the newborn clothes up, she is way too long for them. I still play favorites with the comfy clothes but I try to make sure she wears everything at least once.

Alison likes to be stretched out... she always has, she is so relaxed even when her brother and sister are yelling and playing around her. She just lays there and looks at them.

Alison loves her swing... sometimes she lays in her bed and falls asleep but most of the time she eats and gets a clean diaper... then it is off to the swing for about ten minutes of rocking and she is out - she did sleep in the swing over night on Thursday.

Alison is raspy and has a snotty nose... when i looked back at Gracee's six week lessons she was too, but I took Gracee to the doctor and they said there was nothing I could do. So I guess I will just keep sucking the snot out of Ali's nose and assume she has allergies too.

Alison loves her mommy... if she is fussing all I have to do is talk to her and she will stop (for a minute) then I usually fix the problem and she is fine again. She is just such a good baby.

Alison has baby acne... I have had a few moms tell me not to worry about it - that it is probably the way that her skin is reacting to being out of my womb. I keep her clean and lotioned up. Ali usually gets a bath in the morning but I think I am going to give her a bath at 7pm before the big kids and see if that will make a difference with her skin.

Alison likes her milk warm... when I can get her to eat from a bottle it has to be almost hot(and usually someone else has to feed her) it is like she knows I am the one that nurses and she prefers that so she wont take a bottle from me unless she is starving.

Alison nurses like clock work at night 8pm, midnight, 4am, and 8am. This week almost seemed like during the day I nursed her on demand rather then every four hours… and I had just enough milk for her too. I didn’t put any in the freezer this week.

I moved her pack and play to the bottom level and she sleeps in there now… she was sleeping on the changing table part of the pack and play but I don’t think that it is safe anymore (the big kids love to get the stool and give her kisses – I don’t trust that they wont try to pick her up one day…)

How lucky am I to be able to watch my children grow and learn each day they teach me something new. It’s funny to think that my job is to be the teacher when I am still learning so much. I love being a mommy and thank God for all of my blessings daily.

1 comment:

Sirena said...

You are a good momma Kadee!!