Thursday, December 20, 2007

Month 8

Eight months lessons. The things kids teach their parents are crazy sometimes you might not think of them as lessons but as I look back over the past 8 months I cant even explain how glad I am that I have taken note of all the new things I have learned from my daughter. The first year is so special.

1. Sometimes I think Gracee is having separation anxiety, more for her daddy then me. When Jessy walks in the room Gracee starts to wiggle and giggle... sing and dance but then when he leaves she screams and throws a fit!

2. With one breath, Gracee can make multiple sounds. Sometimes its a song followed by 'raspberries' then dada. She repeats everything already! If I say 'mama' she says 'dada' and then shakes her head... its sorta like we are arguing! Really CUTE!!! Jessy loves it!

3. Gracee is starting to wiggle during diaper changes. She still does very well laying on her back and waiting until mommy is done but sometimes she wants to roll over or pretend like she is going to roll and then laugh! Or even try to unhook her diaper...

4. Gracee can hold two objects at a time, one in each hand. With a crude pincher grasp, she can pick up objects using her thumb and forefinger. She is developing so well! She loves to BANG things together!

5. Gracee likes to watch people. She just sits there and stares at her brother, sometimes when he lets her play with his tools she will bang them together then sit back and watch him... like she is taking in every move! She wants to be just like him.

6. When your baby eats a lot of carrots, squash, mixed veggies (the orange ones) the vitamins have no where to go but through their skin... really, Gracee is turning yellow! I asked the doctor about this and she said that means that she is healthy and to try to feed her other color fruits and vegetable's. Gracee loves everything so I guess I just need to mix in more green beans and peas!!!

7. My baby tasted formula for the first time this month... my pump started dieing so I had to either invest in another one (which didn't sound like a good idea since I was slowly drying up anyway) so I made the decision to give Gracee a bottle of formula and then a bottle of breast milk until all the frozen milk was gone. She didn't seem to mind.

8. Gracee really wants to move but she isn't that interested in crawling, she can sit up and scoot around using her legs. Its really funny cause one second she is in the middle of the room playing with her toys and the next she is under the TV getting into the DVDs! When you stick your hands out to pick her up she reaches for you (I LOVE THAT) but she wants to pull herself up and try to walk!

9. Gracee gets really excited and breathes in and out super fast (sorta like someone who is hyperventilating) its usually only when her brother comes back from a weekend with his mom or right before bed! She is so cute!

10. Gracee has 8 teeth! She has four on top and four on the bottom! She will be eating chicken off the bone before we know it!!!

11. She laughs at everything, she is such a happy baby! She really likes when you play paddy cake, she claps her hands and giggles! Even if she isn't on her daddy's back hopping around on the floor if you say 'bucken bull, bucken bull" she just cracks up!

12. There are sooo many more wonderful things that Miss Gracee has taught us all... I feel like I can go on for days... these are just the ones that stand out the most in my memory.

When you are a kid you know everything, parents just don't remember what it is like being a little person or so you think... but who would of thought once you become a parent everything changes, you realize what your mom meant when she was telling you not to do something, or trying to teach you a lesson. Huh really crazy stuff. Good luck to all the parents out there, good parents have great kids and great kids teach parents how to be good at being parents if that makes any sense. Happy Holidays to all.

No comments: