Friday, December 7, 2007

Week 8

It is summer time and we are doing new things every time we turn around. Jared just got his head buzzed (GREAT SUMMER CUT) and now him and Gracee look even more alike! :) We go to the pool as much as we can. And LOVE to play with Dad. Jared just lights up when Jessy walks into the room. Gracee loves her daddy too.

Well Im not sure if you are enjoying my blogs about the lessons I have learned each week having a new baby... This is an experience that I have never done and each week seems great to me. So I share. I do love comments but totally understand that some of you have no idea what it is like to have a baby.

1. Gracee is going to bed at 10:30pm on the dot and waking up at 6:45am all week now. Today she slept until 7:20am! At 9:45pm we give Gracee a bath in her "ducky tubby" and by 10:15pm she is eating her 2 ozs while daddy or mommy rocks her to sleep. In bed at 10:30pm... ROCK ON!!!

2. If Gracee is fussy and Im trying to get something completed Jared can calm her down just as well as me or Jessy can. He just loves his baby sister! He says "its okay I'm here".

3. I might change her too much but she HATES being dirty.

4. Just started drinking "sprite water" this week. She loves it! I like to let her have milk (until she starts to play with the nipple) and then if she still seems hungry Ill give her a bottle with 2 oz of warm water and 1 oz of sprite. (Dont forget to shake it up and get all the bubbles out so it wont hurt the babys tummy)

5. If miss Gracee wants to nurse then that is what she wants NO BOTTLE! But on the other hand if she ONLY wants the BOTTLE... dont even try to give her the boob she isnt having it. She will use my boob as a microphone and yell until she gets her BOTTLE! She likes to nurse in the mornings and have a bottle later in the day.

6. Gracee takes NUK bottles from Gerber. She has been eating from a 5 oz bottle since she was a week old. Now since she is 8 weeks (tonight at 10:34pm) LOL she will be moving up to a 10 oz bottle. SHE IS GETTING SO OLD!

7. Gracee smiles A LOT but this week I have noticed that she will look you in the eyes and wait for you to smile at her. She gives you a huge grin... from ear to ear. It is soooo cute. Her daddy loves to lay on the floor with her and make her smile!

We went to the doctors today at 10 and Gracee weighs 12lbs 2oz! She did just eat a 5 oz bottle before she was weighed... but how great is that? She is growing so fast! She is 23inches long!! Next thing you know she'll be walking.Thanks again for taking time out of your day to read my silly blogs. I just love my life and love sharing all of my new experiences with all of my friends. Its funny how different your life will change when you have someone watching your every move. Have a wonderful week.

No comments: